Monday, February 15, 2010

Hey, little girl...

I found this song on iTunes. I know I've heard it before. I did a little research and it's a Burt Bacharach/Hal David number. It was originally recorded in 1963 by Jack Jones (that's who's singing the version below), but was later covered by both male and female singers including Ella Fitzgerald and Frank Sinatra. Give it a listen:


If I were more talented, I'd do a mash-up of this song and "Single Ladies" by Beyonce. Wouldn't that be cool?

Of course, I have to laugh at these lyrics, but according to my mom, when this song came out, it was completely serious. Not sarcastic at all. Which is pretty outrageous, until you think about some of the popular songs of today. I was going to embed one here, but most of what I found was so disgusting, I couldn't bring myself to post it.

The quaint notion of prettying up for your man before he comes home doesn't seem so bad when you listen to some of the popular rap music out there today. That's kind of sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment