Thursday, October 28, 2010

Time-lapse video

So, I've been looking for an excuse to create a video from time-lapse photography and I found it at the business expo in Worcester.




We set the camera to take a photo every 1 minute. The camera would only take the photos over the course of 100 minutes, so I had to reset it a few times, which is why you see the camera kind of move. Also, we didn't use anything professional like a tripod - just some packing tape to secure it to the top of our booth installation. Low budget, but it worked!

You can see the back of my head during some parts. I was very conscious that the camera was on me, but I had a hard time getting people to move once they were comfortable standing in the corner.

One fun thing to watch for is the table that fills with food. There was an after-hours networking event that included a lot of food, and people kept dumping their garbage on the table in front of our booth. Thankfully the team at the DCU Center were on it and got the table cleaned up.

I downloaded the music off the Internet. It's royalty free, and I think it adds a little bit of fun to the video. Without the music, I don't think it would have been half as interesting.

Now I just have to find my next time-lapse opportunity...

No comments:

Post a Comment